2014 Child Forensic Interview Trainings...save the date!
- May 13-15 in Salem, OR
- July 8-10 in Eugene, OR
- September 16-18 in Bend, OR
Did you know?
- 89% of child abuse victims seen at our centers know their abuser. While stranger danger does exist, we know that family members and trusted adults in the child's life are the ones doing harm.
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before they turn 18.
- In 2010, it was estimated that 1,340 children, ages 0-14, in the U.S. would die due to cancer. In 2010, 1,528 children, ages 0-15, in the U.S. died due to child abuse. Unlike cancer, child abuse is 100% preventable.
- Between 2001-2010 there were 5,877 U.S. Military deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. During that same time 15,510 children in the U.S. died due to abuse or neglect.